"On Topic" With Doug Krile

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

We're Back

Finally.  Folks, we've been through a death in the family - my father in law.  He was not only my wife's Dad, but a really good friend to me.  But, it was a good weekend, culminated by an internment at Arlington National Cemetery yesterday morning.  And a wonderful chance for all the sisters and cousins, etc to get together and share. Our daughter and a friend flew in. Our son and his fiance flew in.  The other sisters and their children were there, so we were all together for a reunions, of sorts. And that is what Ted would have wanted.  We ate a lot of food, convinced the bar people in the hotel to feed us well and let us have some space.  All in all,  a wonderful experience. More on that later.  We'll get back to normal posts tomorrow, assuming I get my bags unpacked tonight!


One other thing, if you're from the upper midwest, read "The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid" by Bill Bryson.  It's an hilarious account of growing up in Iowa in the 1950's, as did I.  He's a wonderful writer.  My wife snagged the book for me and I read it ALL on the flights home today.  I was laughing out loud!  Really!  Go and have some fun.  Politics to follow.


|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home